Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Friend of the Devil Part One

Friend of the Devil
Part one
Ted: middle aged, shifty a little too skinny then he should be.
Death: the personification of death
Scene: the stage is blank except for a taxi. The a man on the taxi. He has fallen from a great distance and part of the taxi has collapsed under him. Blood drips from his body making puddles on the floor. Death enters.
Ted: AHHHHH!
Death: You can get up now.
Ted: I’m not dead?
Death: Oh you are dead. Sorry about that. Anyway come on you need to be Judged.
Ted: Judged?
Death: Yes, yes, now hurry up. I know that this whole experience must be quite shocking or whatever, but I have three other people to kill and I am running late. Now if you will just take my-
(death’s cell phone rings)
Sorry I have to take this it is my boss. Hey Mr. G, what’s up? Uh hu? What? Arbitrary contest? We still do that. I don’t really have time. Ok, ok.
(hangs up)
Ok, change of plan. It looks like we are supposed to have some kind of competition to decide your fate. I didn’t have enough to do today.
Ted: (yells) What is Going On?
Death: You are dead, now we have to compete about whether you can live. I don’t really like it, but that is bureaucracy for you. Now you have a few choices here. You can chose one of the old standards like a chess game of fiddle contest or you can come up with something of you own.
Ted: I’m not dead though. I can move and stuff.
Death: You are dead. What is the last thing you remember before you died?
Ted: I was falling off a building while strung out on PCP.
Death: and you think you survived that? Now please don’t go all denial on me. I have a job to do.
Ted: Ok right. So what do you want me to do?
Death: Chose a game.

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment