Thursday, January 28, 2010

Root of the Matter

Root of The Problem.
A play for puppets

(Two Trees are sitting in a park setting. One is a cherry tree. The other is a bigger Oak.)
Cherry: Don’t you just love the springtime?
Oak: Meh
Cherry: Don’t like it?
Oak: I’ve seen a good two hundred springs in my life. They get pretty dull after a while.
Cherry: What is your favorite season?
(Beat)
Cherry: Well?
Oak: I don’t have a favorite.
Cherry: Ok that’s fine. It's just we never talk and as long as we have been planted together, we should be friends.
Oak: OK we are friends. Now leave me alone.
Cherry: Wanna play an improv game?
Oak: no
Cherry: What do you want to do?
Oak: just sit here mind my own business.
Cherry: That’s lame. You should be more fun.
Oak: Being fun never did anyone any good.
(Beat)
Cherry: Wanna play I Spy? I Spy with my little I something brown and green with branches.
Oak: You spy me, and shut up.
(Two workers enter.)
Worker one: One of these trees need to go.
Worker two: (pointing at Cherry) People like looking at that one when it blooms. The other is sort of useless, it doesn’t give any shade, and the branches are too high for kids to play on.
(The two workers exit. The trees don’t say anything for a few seconds )
Cherry: Wanna play twenty questions?
Oak: NO!
trees Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

  1. This one might be a little less then a minute.
    But I'll let it slide

    ReplyDelete