Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Friend of the Devil part two

Ted: That’s it? I choose a game, and if I win I get to live?
Death: Yes. And if you lose all our orifices will be raped by a thousand demons every day for an eternity.
Ted: So not much at stake huh? I mean besides the eternal damnation thing.
Death: I hear you can get used o it after a while. Now, if you are done being cynical you mind choosing a contest?
Ted: what kind of contest
Death: Well the old standby is chess, but it could be anything: sports, jam off, trivial pursuit, I personally like go carting.
Ted: I’m good at poker.
Death: Then poker it is.
(Death stapes his fingers, demons come on stage and set up a poker game on the hood of car that ted had fallen on earlier. The two of them sit down at either side of the car.)
Ted: So five card stud?
Death: Five card stud is good.
(he starts dealing)
So where did you learn how to play poker.
Ted: Is this really a good time to chit-chat?
Death: I think it would make things more fun.
(beat)
Ted: My dad taught me to play. He was-
Death: I never had a dad. I was conserved into existence at the beginning of the universe. Or more like when the first living thing in the universe died.
Ted: Are you one of those people who has to make every conversation about themselves?
Death: You’re touchy. Ok what were you saying about your father?
Ted: Well he used to be a gambler, but he went to AA meetings and that striated him out. Not before he had lost his entire trust fund though. He taught me how to play cards. I had to quit playing with him because he got to competitive.
Death: My boss is really competitive too. The dinosaurs were killed because of a bet he had with his friend Gabe. I had to work overtime of three years after that whole fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment